WE BELIEVE IN
• The Deity, Virgin Birth, Vicarious Death, Physical Resurrection,
Ascension, and personal return in Glory of the Lord Jesus.
• The Person, Deity and Work of the Holy Spirit.
• The person of Satan.
• The Great Scriptural Doctrines of Sin, Salvation by Grace, Redemption, Justification of Faith, Prayer, Physical Resurrection, the Reward of Believers and Retribution of Unbelievers.
We believe that the Word of God requires Christian parents to make every effort to train their children to love and respect the Lord Jesus Christ. For this reason, the instruction of children in school, as well as in the home, must be in keeping with the teachings of the Word of God. We believe we must educate the children so that they will serve as effective Christians in society.
EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY AND GOALS
Willmar Community Christian School filters all learning through a Biblical world view that recognizes Christ as Creator and Lord. We endeavor to train students spiritually, academically, and personally. CCS integrates faith and learning as we educate and equip the whole child to impact a changing world to the glory of God. The entire process of education is used by the Holy Spirit to bring students into fellowship with God, develop a Christ-like mind, and to train them in Godly living, so that they can fulfill God’s total purpose for their lives personally and vocationally.
Our school’s purpose is to educate the whole child, not only serving their academic needs, but their spiritual and personal development as well. By the time our students leave CCS, they have experienced growth in these three key areas.
• Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Christ through a personal, life-long, and transforming relationship with Him
• Develop a discipline of prayer and personal devotion, utilizing God’s Word and applying it to their daily life
• Accept the Bible as the only inspired Word of God
• Understand, memorize, and apply Biblical principles
• Participate in a church community, serving God, and others
• Become life-long, confident, and enthusiastic investigative learner
• Demonstrate proficiency in all grade level curricula areas
• Find, examine, evaluate, and use information as they become independent learners
• Develop and demonstrate effective communication skills
• Possess an appreciation for the fine arts
• Cultivate curiosity about learning
• Develop strong independent study habits
• Understand and utilize science and technology
• Assume personal responsibility for attitude and actions
• Develop skills for successful conflict resolution
• Understand, value, and practice the skills of effective citizenship while building life-long relationships
• Show integrity and respect for others
• Develop an understanding and acceptance of physical, social, and cultural differences
• Practice responsible stewardship of God’s Creation
• Realize that human beings are created in the image of God and that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit